Below are some details on the Van Nuys Courthouse:
- The Courthouse is located at 14400 Erwin St, Van Nuys, CA 91401
- The Courthouse Manager’s phone number is 818 989-6810
- The Financial Evaluator’s phone number is 818 989-6845
- The snack bar is located on the 1st Floor
- Van Nuys Courthouse West Courtrooms (See list below):
- Once arriving at the courthouse, located the calendar outside the Clerk’s office. The calendar will have the courtroom location and the time your case will be heard.
- If your name and case are not listed check with the Clerk’s office which usually opens at 8:30 am. Give the clerk any paperwork you may have to assist him if finding your case.
- A court appearance is mandatory if you have been accused of a misdemeanor or felony or if you have a warrant. If you don’t make an appearance or have counsel representing you, the following may happen:
- You may have been sentenced to jail time
- You may be ordered to pay a fine or additional charges
- If the nature of your matter is related to the DMV, you may have your insurance and or licensed suspended or revoked
- Having someone who knows the laws representing you is in your best interest. However, if you can not afford a private attorney the following options may be available:
- A public defender attorney
- An alternate public defender
- Another court-appointed attorney
- The court will determine which of these options is the most viable for you, your case, and your situation if you can not afford a Tarzana Criminal Defense Attorney. However, be aware that if the court finds out that you can afford the cost it will force you to cover the charges.